Monday, January 17, 2011

7 deadly sins : Greed

When I was 17, I admit, i was consumed by this deadly sin.
It happened on my 2nd year in college, to cut the story short, I joined a company wherein you need to recruit people to gain money. No resume, No Interview, No Experience needed, you only need Php 7,300.00 to get in.

Upon recruiting a person, you must not give them an idea that they need money to join, you must say it's a job, like my friend say, "encoder". that was the first lie you would do.
Php 7,300.00 is a big money, it's not that easy to get, If you want to get it fast, you must do something bad, steal or rather lie to your parents. When the person you are trying to recruit wants to join but doesn't have the money, of course you will be pushing him to get the money fast, if needed, you will help him lie. that was the second.
 That is for only one person, If you want to get a lot of money, You must recruit a lot of people and do this thing. And there goes a wave of lies.

"Money is the root of all evil."
A famous quotation from Louisa May Alcott, a famous american author.
I really agreed with this quote during those time.
and there is this one essay that says,
"If money did not exist, this earth would have definitely been a better place. Money, the root of all evil, has shaped our world into a corrupt nation, a people without a conscience, and a society of very scrutinizing and  greedy human beings. Our nation, as corrupt as it may seem, has not always been this way. In the early ages, amassing the most money was not always the main goal. Happiness and a beautiful family were top priority."

That was very convincing. But then, One of my professor showed me the B-side.

He asked the whole class, "do you believe that money is the root of all evil?"
The whole class answered "yes", including me.
My professor just smiled and say,

"Money is just a paper, the root of all evil was the hunger for money."

I find it correct. why we must blame the money.
some may disagree, some may agree.

but for me, I'll just lie in the fact that, we've been placed on top of all living and non-living things.
We're the one who controls. If anything went wrong, it's our fault. we must not be controlled by anything lower than us.

P.S , sorry for the poor grammar. I was really not in shape today. xP

No comments:

Post a Comment